A brand new online reading scheme - Bug Club
Our school has launched a fantastic new online reading scheme called Bug Club. Below you will find some useful information about how to log on and read these books with your child at home.
Bug Club does not replace the printed reading books your child brings home from School and your child will still continue to receive these.
The Bug Club reading books are allocated to each child based on their current reading level and are additional reading material to the printed books.
Your child will be allocated new online books to read every half term by their Class Teacher.
- Bug club can be used on an iPad, tablet, computer or laptop.
- Your child will receive a bookmark with their unique username and password to log on.
- Once you have logged on your child will see their own personal homepage.
- Books will appear in the "My Stuff" section. Just a click on the book to open it and start reading.
We suggest a 3-step process to reading with your child as follows;
- Read the book to your child for the very first time.
- Help your child to use the "read with me" button to have the book read to them.
- Encourage your child to read the book independently.
In each book there are quizzes for your child to complete which appear as a little green bug icon. The quizzes are designed to check your child's understanding of the story they are reading. Answering the quiz questions will earn your child "coins" which they can spend in the "My Rewards" section.
Once a book has been read it will go to the "My Library" section but your child can still carry on reading these books especially if they have really enjoyed them.
Please support your child to access Bug Club at home and continue to read with them as often as possible. Just 5 or 10 minutes a day will really help your child to develop their reading skills and help them to achieve Early Learning Goal by the end of the year.
If you have any questions about Bug Club or encounter any problems with accessing at home please speak to one of the Class Teachers who will be happy to help.