Our school is situated close to local shops and parks.
The surrounding housing is a mixture of private and rented accommodation.
The school was built in 1952 and is set in pleasant grounds with plenty of paved areas.
There are nine classrooms in the main school.
Six classrooms have a southern aspect, with large windows overlooking playing fields, and doors opening out onto the veranda.
Three additional classrooms have been built during 2000/2001.
The Nursery was built in 1976 and comprises two large working areas each with a quiet area, store room and toilet block. The Nursery has its own kitchen and staffroom, two large outside play areas and climbing equipment with soft landing.
The school has links with its neighbouring junior school.
Children are admitted into the Nursery the term after their third birthday. The community that we serve is very diverse; children come from a wide variety of social backgrounds. We have very few children from ethnic minority backgrounds.
There are three classes in each year group. Pupils within each year group are placed in mixed ability classes. On occasions it may be necessary to have mixed year groups.
Our school operates a safeguarding policy through the DCFS ‘Guidance for Safeworking Practice for the Protection of Children and Staff in Education Settings’.